Licensed Customer Service Representative – Charleston, SC
The McKenna Agency, Inc. is seeking to hire a full-time Licensed Customer Service Representative to assist in the production of new business and the retention of renewal accounts for personal and commercial lines of insurance. This position provides field service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities and maintains high service standards. We are looking for a self-starter with strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills, along with a friendly and professional personality.
McKenna Agency, Inc. Mission Statement:
The McKenna Agency, Inc. team is ethically committed to providing you with thoughtful, professional guidance and personalized service to enable you to establish and maintain control over your financial life. We commit to establishing a long-lasting client relationship with you through maintaining the highest standards of quality, professionalism and integrity. We specialize in providing insurance, retirement planning and business services to meet your needs.
Create a positive first impression on behalf of the agency. Direct clients to the proper person or handle requests in a professional, accurate and timely manner. Perform clerical duties as assigned. Serve as receptionist and point of contact for all visitors to the office.
This position also assists in the production of new personal lines accounts and the retention of renewing personal lines accounts in keeping with agency goals. Provides field service to designated account in support of agent activities and maintains high service standards. Secures and submits required renewal underwriting information. Processes change requests for auto ID cards, change confirmations and customer requested cancellations. Actively solicits to improve coverage or round out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact. Actively seeks referrals from client base to solicit for new business prospects. Schedules policy review appointments for the agents.
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Answer phones to assist with customer requests, handle mail, email and faxes timely
- Maintain compliance and follow record keeping procedures
- Process payments, endorsement changes, and issue proof of coverage
- Assist with quoting accounts, seeking referrals, and offering multiline recommendations
- Focus on retention of current accounts and helping gain new business
- Prepare renewal packets for producers and process renewal applications
- Contact clients regarding late pays, policy renewals, and proactively ask if any changes in exposure
- Review accounts for gaps in coverage and offer to upsell or requote as necessary
- Assist personal lines producers as needed
- Must hold an active SC Property & Casualty insurance license
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preferred in personal lines
- Applied/TAM Management system experience and Nationwide experience preferred
- College degree preferred
- Strong computer-skills and ability to multi-task is a must
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment